Ss – Safety
This week was all about safety! Safety at school, at home, at the mall, while crossing the road… as well as fire safety and stranger danger.
- Safety at school: We revisited our school rules. We also learnt why it wasn’t okay to use things or toys that we have been asked not to use, because there is a possibility that we could get hurt.
- Safety at home: We spoke about the rules of the kitchen- don’t touch the hot stove or try to pull the kettle closer to you. Be careful when walking down or up the stairs. Be careful around the pool and so many more rules!
- Safety at the mall: Never ever NEVER!!!! Leave your Mommy’s or Daddy’s side when you go shopping with them. Always hold their hand and make sure that they can always see you. (This category fell part of our stranger danger discussion as well)
- Safety while crossing the road: Look left, then right, then left again… Listen for any cars or noises… and once you are positive that it is all clear, then you can cross the road!
- Fire safety: If (touch wood this never happens) you ever find yourself on fire… the rules are STOP… DROP… AND ROLL until the fire has stopped.
- Follow all of these safety rules and you will definitely be able to keep yourself safe from harm or danger!
We focused more on practical activities and demonstrations this week as opposed to art pieces.
As a messy play activity this week, we used shaving cream and powder paint to make a beautiful fire! We then got to spray some water on the fire to put it out, and finally… the best part of the day, getting to smoosh and squish the “fire” with our hands and get SUPER-DUPER messy!
Another fun activity we did was our bean bag robot throw challenge. The Bugs were given a giant traffic light picture, 3 different coloured bean bags (red, yellow and green), and were asked to throw the bean bags at the matching circles on the traffic light, shouting out what each colour meant on a robot.
We hope you all have a lovely, restful mid-term break and we look forward to seeing all of our Bugs back at school next week Tuesday!
Next Week’s Theme: Me and My Family
- Please send Teacher Gemma a photograph of your family (fur children can be included ;)…) sometime over the weekend. We are creating a surprise slideshow for our Bugs to show them on Wednesday! We are so excited to see their faces when they see their lovely families on our screen!
Stop Look and Listen!
Stop, look and listen, before you cross the street. Use your eyes, use your ears, before you use your feet!”
Dates to Diarise:
Mid-Term Break: 25th – 28th Feb
(no school, no Holiday Club)
Rare Disease Day: 1 March
Pet Demo: 15 March
Haircut Day: 16 March
Lots of love