My School, My Class, My Teachers
Welcome to our Busy Bugs class, January 2022! We look forward to spending this year getting to know our new little Bugs and their lovely parents. It has been crazy seeing how much all of the Playful Pups from last year have grown and so much fun meeting our new Bugs. We would also like to introduce us teachers, Teacher Gemma and Teacher Thandi. If you ever have any questions or need to talk, please don’t hesitate to either message us or catch us in the morning or afternoon for a quick chat.
During the Busy Bugs year, your children start being exposed to tougher activities and tasks, and the things they learn will amaze you! One of the exciting new things we do this year is Show and Tell, which will start after midterm break (just to give our Bugs enough time to settle and be more comfortable around each other). Every Friday (or Thursday depending if there is a long weekend) we ask two children to bring a theme related item for show and tell. We start with the top name and bottom name of our class list and work our way to the middle. We will put who the next two children are at the end of every blog, as well as send a message out each week reminding you. If your child is absent on their day, please don’t worry. Just send it the next available day and we will do it then! (Show and Tell is the only exception to the “no toys” rule!)
We would also like to take this opportunity to advise you of a few of our classroom rules:
- Please don’t forget to label ALL items sent to school. Items such as hats and water bottles are so common and there can be at least three other bottles/hats that are exactly the same throughout the other classrooms on any given day!
- Please NO TOYS are to be sent to school.
- Please NO juice allowed in water bottles. This opens them up to sharing and “borrowing” of bottles because juice obviously tastes better than water does!
- At collection time, please refrain from coming to the classroom door to fetch your child. Please could we ask that you wait on the grass in front of the classroom and we will bring your Bugs out to you.
- Please try and keep the WhatsApp group clear of “unnecessary” messages. Our WhatsApp group is primarily for us teachers to communicate with parents. If you have any concerns to address, please do so privately to a teacher and not over the WhatsApp group. Please note that during the day we may not be able to reply to messages immediately as we are obviously busy in class.
We hope you have a lovely restful weekend and we will see you all next week!
We have had the best first week back and look forward to the many more we get to spend with our Bugs! The hard part is almost over folks! Pretty soon your little boy or girl will be waving goodbye without even looking back and you’ll find yourselves being the ones crying happy tears instead of them!
Dates to Diarise:
Haircut Day – 19 January
Bonfire Picnic – 28 January
Lots of love